Information Technology Specialist
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Web development skills such as HTML5, Java scripting,CCS, orPhotoshop/Illustrator.
- DB expertise, such as SQL
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status and completions information to manager and/or users, via voice mail,e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
- Rotates daily back-up media.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Organized and efficient
- Good quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
|Job Category||Information Technology (IT)|